Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2/8/12

AM Workout (1000)

I felt awesome on handstands today. Solid AM session.

6 Rounds at complete rest (60-90 seconds as needed)
5 Strict HSPU (plates and abmat - regional style)
5 Strict Pull-ups

-These strict HSPU felt great.

Rest 5 minutes then...

50 HSPU for time (2 abmats)

6.36. This was rough. It really worked the lockout portion of the HSPU. I was smoked after this.

Rest 10 minutes then...

For time:
10/20/30/20/10 - Pull-ups
20/40/60/40/20 - Games Standard 30" Box Jumps
30/40/50/40/30 - Double-unders

21.04. This was the most brutal metcon I've done in a while. A total slog. Felt like I was just doing box jumps for 20 minutes straight. Games standard 30" box jumps are brutal. I have never done this many in one session (180 total reps). Overall a good session in the gym.

PM Workout (1700)

I felt great this afternoon, better than I did this morning. I don't know exactly why. Maybe it's the PWO carbs I have after my first workout. Anyway, I had an awesome second workout today. I felt awesome, strong on the muscle-ups and fast on the run.

For time:

10-8-6-4-2
Muscle-Ups
SDHP (135#)

7.12. I went hard on this, felt decent. I was so eager to start I forgot to tape my wrists. During the second set of muscle-up I decided to sacrifice a few seconds to tape my hands because they were taking a beating. I definitely would have been under 7 minutes had I not done this. But it doesn't really matter, still got a great workout out of this.

Rest 10 minutes then...

8 x 200m Run @ 120 seconds rest. I didn't time the 200s, just the rest, but kept the intensity near 100% effort. I felt great and light on my feet. I felt like I was recovering really fast. Solid interval session, excited for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment