Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8/28/12

Today was a great workout. My rack position (left tricep) hurts a bit. I probably could have gone harder on the thrusters, but decided to back off because of this inflammation. Overall a great session though.

Thruster 2-2-2-1 - 185, 205, 215, 225

-had a little more, but backed off. I don't want to play around with this injury.

Rest 5 minutes then...

For time:

1,2....7,6...2,1 - Strict Pull-ups
-2 HSPU after each set of pull-ups

8.20. Solid bodyweight movement. I felt really strong on both movements.

30 Minutes active rest (double-unders, wall-balls, wall squats and other modalities done at a slow but active pace - was a warm-up for a regular class)

then...

AMRAP 12 Minutes:

20 Push-Press (75#)
20 Burpees

5 rds + 15 Push-Press. This was a brutal WOD. A complete burner. This is the metcon I need to get back. I actually felt decently fit today, but the burpees felt a little slow. Stoked to be getting back into things. I want to a PR a major lift soon! Stoked to train tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment