Wednesday, August 8, 2012

8/8/12

Checked out a different gym today. Had an interesting session, different than what I'm used to. It was cool to throw some slightly heavy weights around after the WOD, easing back into hardcore training.
There was a long warm-up, about 20 minutes, with a lot of different modalities. Won't go into it, but it was pretty legit. Anyway, the WOD looked like this:

For time:
1000m Row
500 Double-unders (anytime you break on double-unders do 5 burpees - hips and legs may not touch the floor on burpees, only chest)

20.44. I went out at a casual row of 3:30. The double-unders were sets of 30-60, with longer breaks in between sets. Interesting WOD, way different from the strength bias stuff I've been up to. Had to pace it a ton because I didn't want to accidentally miss a double-under and have to perform extra burpees.

Rest 20 minutes then...

3 Sets @ 2 minutes rest:

2 x Back Squat (315#)
2 x Power Clean (225#)

-weights felt easy, low volume. I haven't been training hard, want to see how this makes my body feel tomorrow. Can't wait to get back into the thick of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment