Monday, May 13, 2013

5/13/13

Today was awesome. I was still a little tight throughout my body, but once I started lifting I felt great.

-Easy 1 mile run to gym 

Clean and Jerk - Max out 

Singels: 185#, 225#, 255#, 272# (LIFE TIME PR) 
-I missed 272# three times in a row, I was barely missing it. I had an O-lifting coach watching me and I felt as if he wanted me to make the lift more than I did because I was so close to nailing it. I have never put more than 270# overhead. I also suffered my worst injury ever last August and I basically couldn't max out my jerk at all for a number of months. My elbow is back in business and it feels amazing to PR and know that today is the strongest I've ever been! Great confidence booster. A lot of training sessions this year have been limited due to that injury. 300# overhead this coming year! 

Rest 5 minutes then...

'Jackie' 
1000m Row
50 Thrusters (45#)
30 Pull-ups

-6:49. I wasn't very happy with this, but whatever I PRed my fucking clean and jerk! I came off the rower in 3:30, finished with the thrusters unbroken by 5:25. I did the pull-ups 15/9/6. I butterflied the first ten, but my shoulders were gassed out from the thrusters and had to switch to regular kipping. Forearms and lungs burned after this. I wanted sub 6, but obviously I'm not capable of that right now. But overall a solid day of training. 

Rest 5 minutes then...

-Easy 1 mile run home

No comments:

Post a Comment