Monday, April 13, 2015

4/13/15

I trained alone today, it was a pretty decent workout. Nothing crazy, but definitely stuff I need to work on. I did a tiny bit of the regional program I'm following and just added in a strict gymnastics workout. I'm attempting to avoid any squatting/barbell stuff that hurts my injury. I left the gym today feeling like I could do a lot more work ... but I will save it for tomorrow and let my body rest more, need to be smart about this going forward.

A. 
Every minute, on the minute, for 15 minutes:
Split-Jerk x 1 rep
Minutes 1-3 – 60% (185#) 
Minutes 4-6 – 70% (215#) 
Minutes 7-9 – 80% (245#) 
Minutes 10-12 – 85% (260#) 
Minutes 13-15 – 95% (290#) - failed all these reps. 

-Everything felt very solid until the big jump to 95% ... I fucked this up ... it was supposed to be 90% (275#) ... for some reason wrote down 95% ... anyway, I couldn't hit the singles at 95% on the minute... but I don't feel bad about missing those reps now that I realized I wrote that down wrong.

B.
3 Rounds for time:
10 Strict HSPU
15 Strict Ring Dips
20 Strict Push-ups
45 Strict Pull-ups

-34:35. This was basically 30 minutes of pull-ups, but strict stuff is definitely what I need to work on. I was switching from overhand to underhand a lot, but no mixed grip. The strict pushing stuff felt a lot better than the pull-ups, this was just a TON of strict pull-ups for me. Was a nice change of pace, wasn't too taxing metabolically, didn't elevate my HR a ton, quality movement though and definitely what I need to work on.

C.
3 Rounds:
GHD Extensions x 15 reps
Hollow Rocks x 15 reps
Rest as needed

-Complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment