Tuesday, April 28, 2015

4/29/15

The snatching didn't feel great today ... but it was very heavy %s on the minute. Was tough, but my shoulders gave out quickly and I wasn't getting under the bar very quickly at all. The metcon was very good though ... have spent some time out of the gym this last week and I was really happy to be back in the gym doing what I love to do, just training with my best friends and pushing it hard. Today was a great morning. Also, one of my finals I was nervous about is over with, as of yesterday, and I got an A in the class. Big relief and I'm able to enjoy working out a lot more with that weight off my shoulders.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 20 minutes:
Power Snatch x 1 rep
Minutes 1-10: build from 70-85% (175-205#)
Minutes 11-20: stay between 85-90% (205-220#)

-Complete, missed one rep.
-Went:
-3 sets @ 175#
-3 sets @ 185#
-3 sets @ 195#
-3 sets @ 205#
-4 sets @ 210#
-3 sets @ 215#
-1 set @ 220# (failed) ... probably should have had this, but the number itself kind of got in my head and the last few reps at 215# felt very heavy. Power snatching didn't feel great today, wish I could do some squat snatching, but will have to take what I can get right now.

B.
3 Sets, not for time:
:60 couch stretch - right hip
:60 couch stretch - left hip
Sling Shot Overhead Squat (45#) x 10 reps
Reverse Hypers (160#) x 15 reps
Rest as needed between sets

-Complete. This was supposed to be heavy back squatting ... can't do that right now so just did some rehab movement for squatting while my training partners squatted.

C.
Every 3 minutes, for 24 minutes (8 sets) for time:

Row 15/12 Calories
8 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
6 Strict Handstand Push-Ups

-Complete. All C2B Pull-ups unbroken, which was good. Rowing kind of fell-off toward the end, but tried to push it. HSPUs were 4 sets unbroken, then 4 sets of 3/3 with about :20-:30 rest between the sets of 3 reps. This was a tough workout that left me exhausted ... I had a great time doing this, made me really enjoy being in the gym. Looking forward to another session tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment