Wednesday, April 29, 2015

4/29/15

Today was the best training session I've had in months. This is the best I've felt and I enjoyed being in the gym. I haven't enjoyed being in the gym for a long time (before the 2015 Open). Today was a really fun day with my friends and I enjoyed the fight of the workout, enjoyed going outside my comfort zone and just pushing it. I was happy to be back to my normal self and enjoy the opportunity to train. The lower volume I've been doing is really helping me recover physically and mentally. I felt so great yesterday that I wanted to workout again in the afternoon ... but I didn't let myself train again, I just focused on eating clean and letting my body recover.  The whole less is more concept is really helping me get back to enjoying crossfit. My back is slightly tight, but not at all painful, which is great for me mentally.

A.
Gymnastics Play Session
Take 15 minutes to mess around with efficiency with any 2-4 gymnastics movements of your choice. Please choose something that you need work with, or that you believe you could be more efficient with. Note what movements you selected and the rep scheme and sets performed.

-I chose to do:

4 Sets, not for time:
2 Strict Muscle-ups + 2 Kipping Muscle-ups
Rest as needed
Handstand walk practice (went about 10-15 feet each time here ... not great but getting much better)
Rest as needed

B.
Every 90 seconds, for 15 minutes (10 sets):
Split Jerk x 1 rep
Loads per set (by %): 55, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 95+, 95+

-Worked up to 295# (97%) ... got that lift, but didn't go a PR. I wasn't feeling particularly strong. Huge effort to hit 295#. But jerking felt okay. Working up to around 300# and getting those lifts consistently in EMOMs is good for me. Lots of progress on lift this year, still tons of ground to make though.

C. Three sets for times:
6 Ground to Overhead (185/135 lbs)
12 Box Jumps overs (24″/20″)
24 Kettlebell Swings (32/24kg)
50 Double Unders
Rest 3 minutes

-2:24, 2:34, 2:46 ... G2O in single C+Js ... all other sets unbroken except on the final set of DU, which was 20/30 due to a trip up. This was some very solid training; it really scorched my lungs. That last set of KBS took everything I had to not put it down. Reps 14-24 were torture, this was great mental training to just not put the KB down, no matter what. Reminded me of 15.5. Anyway, today was the best training I've done in a long time. I really enjoyed being the gym and I'm looking forward to getting back to it on Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment