Tuesday, April 7, 2015

4/7/15

Today was a little frustrating because the light %s on snatches felt heavier than they should have. But I should take this more positively given the simple fact I am able to snatch below parallel without pain. Hip/back are holding up okay, didn't back squat heavy given the heavier front squatting yesterday, but felt everything out and it wasn't painful or tight at all. The metcon was great, I was able to push it hard and my lungs felt good for the first time in weeks. That week off last week really helped my body recover.

A.

Every minute, on the minute, for 8 minutes:
Snatch with 3-Second Pause in Receiving Position x 1 rep @ 75% (185#) 
(feeling positions, making each lift technically perfect)

followed by…


Every minute, on the minute, for 5 minutes:

Snatch + Overhead Squat @ 80% (195#) 

-Complete, no missed reps, felt heavier than I remember these numbers feeling. 

B.

Four sets of:
Snatch Pull x 2 reps @ 100% (245#) 
Rest as needed


-Complete. 

C.

Four sets of:
Sling-shot Back Squat x 10 reps @ 135# 


-Just rehabbing the movement, focusing on good movement. First back squatting in about 6 weeks. 

D.
Every 4 minutes, for 32 minutes (8 sets) for times:
Row 500 Meters
5 Burpees Over the Erg


-Result: 
1. 1:55
2. 1:54
3. 1:53
4. 1:55
5. 1:56
6. 1:57
7. 1:56
8. 1:54

-This was really good conditioning, my lungs and legs felt very good. It was a big battle to keep the 500s below 1:39, big effort, great stuff. I tried to get as intense on the erg as I was during 15.5, but finding that level of intensity/effort is tough. Overall this was a great session in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment