Wednesday, April 1, 2015

4/2/15

Today was fun/different. I was training alone and I put everything together for this session. I wanted to get some different stuff in and re-test part C from a while ago. 

A.
Three rounds for time of (at about ~80% effort):
Row 500 meters
Single arm hang, right arm, 15 seconds
Turkish Get-up, left arm, 5 reps (53# KB) 
Single arm hang, left arm, 15 seconds
Turkish Get-up, right arm, 5 reps (53# KB) 
30 second L-sit hold

-Complete, took about 20 minutes, didn't get the exact time, just went through everything. This was a random main-site workout from a while back, looked like a fun warm-up. 

 B. 

Every 3 minute for 15 minutes (5 sets): 
Push-Press + Push-Jerk + Split-Jerk
Build over the course of 5 sets

-205#, 205#, 225#, 245#, 255# (10# PR for this complex) ... didn't realize this was a PR until after looking at my numbers, but it went up okay, the push-jerk on the last set looked a little sketchy, but push-press/split-jerk were solid. 

C.
‘Linda’ (scaled back)
Compare time to 9/8/13 (35:02) 
For time:10,9,8…1
Dead-lift (275#)
Bench Press (165#)
Squat Clean (135#) 

-25:30. This took longer than I thought it would, mostly because my chest/triceps are so sore from Tuesday, had to break up the bench-press. But dead-lifting and cleans felt okay. I wanted to feel out my hip/glute/back and it didn't hurt at all. The last time I did this was on 9/8/13 ... about a month after I finished Marine Corps OCS and I don't remember exactly why I chose these weights for this workout, but for whatever reason I did. I'm glad I was able to finish almost 10 minutes faster than back then. I definitely don't feel 100% right now, and to know the work I've put in since then has improved my fitness a bit is a good feeling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment