Monday, April 6, 2015

4/6/15

Today was the best training session I've had since before the Open. It was great to just have the pressure off and enjoy myself with two of my best friends in the gym. Also, I was mostly just happy because I could squat, clean and dead-lift with no pain. This recurrent injury has been extremely frustrating. I didn't push any of the loading hard, but I was really just happy to move pain-free.

A.
Eight sets of:
Dead-Stop Front Squat x 1 rep
Rest as needed

Build over the course of the eight sets to today’s heavy single. Take the barbell off of safety racks from the bottom of your front squat/clean receiving position.

-225#, 255#, 255#, 275#, 275#, 295#, 305#, 315#.
-Didn't push the weight at all here. This is the first "heavy" squatting I've done in a while. Never done this movement before, but I really liked this exercise.

B.
Six sets of:
Power Clean + High-Hang Power Clean + Jerk
Rest as needed

Keep the barbell in your hands once it leaves the ground. Build over the course of the six sets to today’s heaviest complex.

-185#, 205#, 225#, 235#, 245#, 255# ... Didn't push the loading much here, everything felt very solid, no pain.

C.
Seven rounds for time of:
5 Ground to Overhead (155/105 lbs)
7 Bar-Facing Burpees Over the Barbell
9 Ring Dips (from Muscle-Up station)

-16:10. Single C+Js for the ground to overhead, burpees were at a consistent pace, 5 unbroken sets of ring dips (which, 45 unbroken is very good for me) and last two sets were 6/3 and 5/4. I lost a ton of time here on the last two sets of dips, but I gave it everything I had. This was very good training and ring dips are something I've always struggled with. I've made a lot of progress on them over the years.

D.
Every minute, on the minute, for 9 minutes (3 sets):
Minute 1 – 225/135 lb Banded Deadlift x 12 reps
(stand on a band looped around your barbell and complete the 12 reps as quickly as possible)
Minute 2 – GHD Hip Extensions x 15 reps 
Minute 3 – Toes to Bar x 15 reps

-Complete. Was smoked from part C, but got through this. I liked the banded DL a lot, could really feel the tension at the top in my glutes/hamstrings, was a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment