Friday, June 30, 2017

6/30/17

AM Workout (0630) 

Got into the gym this morning for open gym ... the class workout would have been fun too, but I wanted to get in something longer and more fun... I haven't done this workout in about almost exactly 5 years (07/02/12) ... which is kind of ridiculous given that I can remember doing this workout like it was yesterday, but anyway, I got it in and thankfully improved my time over the course of 5 years of working out. I also remember this workout being a lot more painful and taxing 5 years ago... it wasn't really that bad today, I just set into a pace and got it done.

'Strange' (mainsite hero wod from 6/24/12)

8 RFT:
600m Run
11 Weighted Pull-ups (53# KB)
11 Lunges (2 x 53# KB)
11 Thrusters (2 x 53# KB)

-54:22 ... compared to 62:36 ... so about 8 minutes of improvement over the course of 5 years of working out ... I am at least happy to improve my time overall, I got all the thrusters unbroken today.... but took a brief break on the last 2-3 sets of lunges. All of the sets of pull-ups started with atleast a set of 5 unbroken pull-ups ... kept that part consistent. Solid workout overall.

PM Workout (1030) 

Played ultimate frisbee for about 90 minutes ... ran around a lot and had a good time. Great activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment