Sunday, August 28, 2011

8/28/2011

I was a little nervous to get back in the gym after a few days of boozing. I've been eating completely paleo (outside of alcohol) and I feel awesome. I really don't know why I get this post-booze regret, just part of my personality I guess. This week was my last week in my current house. The roommates and I have been enjoying our last days together thoroughly. Anyway, got in the gym with some nerves, left feeling awesome. Today looked like this:

Power Clean - 4,3,3,2 - 185, 205,225, 238

Snatch Balance - 135 x 5 x 3 - Technique work. Worked with an athlete that is a much better O-lifter than me. These are probably the first legit snatch-balances that I have done, he helped me a lot. Excited to do some of these again with some heavier weight.

Rest 10 minutes then...

5 Rounds for time:

400m Run
10 Thrusters (110#)
10 Pull-ups
10 KB Swings (53#)

My time: 17.22. Overall a great performance; all reps unbroken on all sets. Every set of thrusters I would just mentally say that I would complete just the next set unbroken. Ended up nailing all of them. Definitely outside my comfort zone, great stuff. Had two great athletes to train with. I went really hard with them and beat them both. I love crossfit. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment