Thursday, August 4, 2011

8/4/11

I was still feeling my 'post-vacation guilt' today. I didn't feel great when I got in the gym. I didn't feel good on the lifting, but I felt great on the metcon. My back squat single was not near my PR, 15 lbs off to be exact. If i hadn't been dehydrated and partying all weekend I probably could have gotten a PR. This is extremely frustrating, but its entirely my fault for the decisions I've made. I'm extremely excited to be back in 100% physical shape again, I need to get back into my 'zone.' Anyway, today looked like this:

KB Turkish Get-up Super-set with Floor Jumps (on knees on floor, then explode into a squat)
3 Supersets - 44 lb x 6, 53 lb x 6, 72 lb x 4 - with half rep floor jump chaser

-Back Squat Pyramid - 3-2-1-2-3 - 285-315-335-315-285

- Front Squat - 3 x 3 @ 220 lb

Rest 10 minutes then....

6 Rounds for time:

6 x 135 lb Thruster
6 Pull-ups
200m Run

This metcon took me 10:40. This is a fairly fast time in comparison to other good athletes in the gym. I went 100% and was exhausted by the end. I stuck to my plan of getting all the the thrusters unbroken and I ended up doing great. Overall a good day, wish I would have felt stronger though.

No comments:

Post a Comment