Monday, August 8, 2011

8/8/2011

AM Workout

Today was a good session.

Overhead Squat - Heavy Single

On these my heaviest prior was 185 for a single. I wanted to go up to 200+. I got to 175 x 5 then went for 198 x 3. I nailed the 198, then failed on 207 for a single. I couldn't even nail the jerk solid overhead; I was just too fried from the 198 triple. I was happy with this though, 198 for 3 was a huge PR. I'm feeling a lot stronger overhead, but I've still got a long way to go.

Metcon, for time:

'Morrison'

50-40-30-20-10
Wall Balls
Box Jumps, 24"
KB Swings 53#

This workout was brutal. I would compare the pace to a 5k run, not a sprint but really fast. My time was 20.12. The fastest time being just under 20. I wanted to beat it, but I don't think I could have done anything faster. I had a great athlete to train with today who kicked my ass on OH squats. Overall a great day in the gym.

PM Workout (4+ hours after AM)

Stadium Stairs - 5-4-3-2-1, 5 burpee chaser after each interval. 2 minutes rest between each set.


Rest 5 minutes then...

For time: 7,6,5...1...5,6,7 - Dead-hang pull-ups with 7 push-up chaser after each set of pull-ups. Took me about 8 and half minutes. This afternoon session was overall good, not too taxing, the stadium was great though. Excited for the crossfit competition I'm in in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment