Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8/3/2011

I took 5 days off. This week was my 'light' week; followed by de-load of 5 days. This was needed. I've really been pushing the volume of lifting and conditioning. I've been feeling awesome in the gym this entire strength cycle. I was a little nervous to get back in after a 5 day vacation. A few of those days were spent at the 2011 Crossfit Games. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life. Anyway, my new strength cycle is starting now. It's going to be a little different than the last 6 or 7 weeks, but I'm excited for it.

3 Position Snatch work - slow pull to mid thigh, slow to hang, then 1 hang power snatch - 4 x 5 - 115 for 2 sets, 135 for 2 sets

Behind the Neck Jerk, with Split - Heavy Single, worked up to 195, felt easy.

Conditioning, for time:

1000m Row
85 Butterfly Sit-ups
85 Box Jumps, 24"
85 Burpees

-partition reps as needed. I did 4 sets, one of 25 and three of 20 of each exercise. My time for the workout was 15.15. Overall decent conditioning. It was nice to get back into the gym after 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment