Monday, October 10, 2011

10/10/11

Today was a really good session in the gym. I was a little sore in my traps and shoulders, but once I got warmed up I felt great.

I did a little extended warm-up with some weighted pull-ups and hand release HSPU. It looked like this:

Weighted Strict Pull-ups - 5,4,3,2,1 - #35,35,45,53,72
-2 Hand Release Hand Stand Push-ups before each set (release hands at bottom of hand-stand). I really need to work these more often, I would do the first rep strict, second with a kip. Failed on the 10th (the last) rep even with a kip. My shoulders are still a little fried, but overall these felt good. HSPU are my number one weakness. Really the only one I have as a crossfit athlete at this point. I have to overcome with deficiency within the next year.

Snatch - 3 x 5 @ 70% (135 lb) - These triples felt great, the weight felt really light.
Snatch Pulls - 3 x 2 @ 100% (185 lb) - These also felt light. Excited to go for a PR soon.
Snatch Grip Dead-lifts - 3 x 2 @ 100% + 10kg (207 lb)
Push Press - 4,4,3,3 - #175,185,195, 205 - 205 For a triple is a 3 rep PR for me. I was a little nervous about this set because my 1 rep PR is 215. 205 went up easy for a triple and I'm really excited to go for a 1 rep on push-press soon.

Rest 15 minutes then...

4 Rounds for time:
30 KB Swings #53
30 Box Jumps 24"
30 Sit-ups
400m Run

My time was 17:45. I felt good and did this entire workout unbroken. My goal was to get all the box jumps unbroken. Going into the workout I didn't think I could get 120 KB swings unbroken, ended up getting them all. I was happy with the lifting and my effort on the metcon. I had a few crappy days in the gym this last week. Considering this I was extremely happy about today. I'm glad where my training is, I'm glad I feel strong and conditioned. Excited for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment