Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10/5/11

I altered my strength session a little today, but it ended up being really good. I was really sore in my upper body today. So much so that I almost took the day off, but I ended up getting in the gym and feeling great. I warmed up a lot and hit the WOD with a really good athlete and ended up beating him. This was the best I've felt in the gym in a few days. It's interesting because I'm sore as hell and this is my third hard day on, but I have cleaned up my food intake a lot since the weekend and it's paying back dividends.

Snatch @ 145 lb - EMOM for 10 minutes. This was the heaviest I've gone on a 10 minute EMOM for snatch. I've done 115 and 135 in the last few months. These felt really good despite my sore shoulders.

Snatch Pulls @ 90% (165 lb) x 3, 95% (175 lb) x 2

5 Super-sets of:
75% Front Squat (225 lb) x 5
75% Dead-lift (335 lb) x 5

This super set was challenging. I took 2 minutes rest for first few sets. By the 4th set I took 4 minutes and in between the 4th and 5th set I took about 5 minutes. Overall a good strength session.

Rest 10 minutes then...

2010 Southwest Regional WOD
5 Rounds for time:
5 Muscle-ups
10 Power Cleans #135
200m Run

My time: 11:14. I had a great athlete to train with and I really pushed it. I was able to beat him mainly because my power cleans were super fast. I got them all unbroken except the last set which I broke up in 6/4. I was happy with my performance considering how sore my shoulders and chest are and the fact that it was post-lifting. Today was a great day in the gym. Excited to go hard again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment