Saturday, October 15, 2011

10/15/11

I was sore in my calves and just generally a little fatigued in my entire body today. After I warmed up I ended up having a really good workout though. Today looked like this:

Dead-lift: Heavy Singles- #418,439,451 (11 lb PR)

Close Grip Bench (#135) - 10,9,8,7...1 with 3 muscle-ups immediately after each set @ 90 seconds rest. During this time I really emphasized the wrist turn out on every muscle-up. I usually don't do wrist out during my WODs, I need to start to be legit to the Crossfit Games standard. This ended up being a great chest/triceps workout.

Rest 20 minutes then...

Open Workout 11.1
10 Minute AMRAP:
30 Double-unders
15 Ground to Overhead (#75)

6 rounds and 30 double-unders. I power snatched every rep. I remember doing this workout during the open and it being really taxing. Today I didn't go anywhere near 100% or what I did during the open. I also scored better (scoring 28 more double-unders today). It's nice to see an improvement in my performance. This is 6th day in a row I've been training and I set 4 PRs this week and did some great metcons. Considering this higher than usual volume of training and this being my last workout of the week, I didn't go all out. I will do this WOD again the in future. I eventually want to be around 8 rounds. Overall a good day, solid workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment