Saturday, October 1, 2011

9/30/11

Today was a weird session. I definitely need some rest, going to take two full days off. I felt alright on the lifting, it was difficult. I had to cut it short. I felt awful on the metcon. Not really in my lungs/heart rate, just in my shoulders. They are so fried doing HSPUs felt almost impossible. Anyway, today looked like this:

Snatch Grip Push-Press and Overhead Squats 3+3 x 4 - @ 175 lb. The first few sets of these were fine, sets 3 and 4 were brutal. I went up to a fifth set and bailed on the weight on literally the first rep. 4 Sets was extremely taxing. I'm excited to do these again when I'm more fresh. After this I was supposed to do a heavy single on snatch balance, but I totally cut it out, there was no way that was happening.

Rest 10 minutes then...

'Nate'
20 Minute AMRAP:
2 Muscle-ups
4 HSPU
8 KB Swing #72

I don't remember my rounds, I think it was 8 and 2 muscle-ups. I stopped counting after I felt so terrible and was doing my HSPUs as singles around round 4. A little bit of a discouraging day, but I need to take some rest. I'm excited to hit it hard again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment