Sunday, November 13, 2011

11/13/11

I think I bit off a little bit too much volume this last week. I trained hard the week before the Taranis Winter Challenge, took 1 day off then did 6 workouts in 3 days, going 100% on all of them. Then I took 1 day off and did 4 extremely hard workouts in 3 days.

I just realized this was way too much. I took two days off and still don't feel 100% recovered and I have a slight sore throat/congestion. I went in to max out my snatch and clean jerk today, but just felt too crappy. I couldn't PR on my snatch, so I decided to not even attempt clean and jerk. I was extremely pissed about not nailing a PR. Considering I power snatched 185, my previous squat snatch PR, in competition last weekend I literally know I can PR on my squat snatch right now. I missed 192 about 10 times. I was extremely stubborn and just kept attempting it. After a while I just wasn't in the right mood mentally. My body is over-taxed and I'm going to back off a little. I've been working a lot, which affects what I eat negatively. I'm also on my feet for 12+ hours straight a few times a week. This doesn't help my recovery any. I'm going to back off on the volume a little and try to get some good rest in. After the snatch attempts I did 'Karen'. I'm really pissed off about today. This was the first "bad" workout I've had in a very, very long time. I will PR on my snatch soon, just not today.

'Karen'
150 Wall-Balls for time

My time: 5:20. This is a fast time, I want to get under 5 minutes next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment