Wednesday, November 9, 2011

11/9/11

Today was an awesome squatting session and a short metcon in the AM with a longer metcon in the evening. Great day of training. Looked like this:

AM (0730)

Front Squat - 1,10,1,20,1,30 - Go for a PR, 70%, 100%, 60%, 90%, 50%

315 (10 lb PR), 220, 315, 185, 284, 155

I was supposed to do 95% for the second single, but ended up screwing up my KG to LBs and did some extra weight. I ended up hitting my newly made PR again. Other than that the workout went great. The set of 155 was brutal, I literally stood up on the 30th rep, dumped the weight and just fell to the ground. Awesome stuff, my heart-rate was totally maxed out. Great strength session.

Rest 10 minutes then...

Tabata:
Ring Rows - 4
#45 Thrusters - 9
Toes to Bar - 6
HR Push-ups - 8
Step Ups, #30 x 2, 20" Box - 7

I didn't go completely balls out on this metcon. I went hard, just not crazy hard. I probably could have gotten a few more reps on some of the exercises, but I was extremely taxed after the squats.

PM (1800)

I felt pretty good in the afternoon. I wasn't really nervous about this WOD, I just knew it was going to be difficult. The workout was:

'Bradshaw'

10 RFT:
3 HSPU
6 Dead-lifts @ 225 lb
12 Pull-ups
24 Double-unders

Overall I really like this WOD. The first 6 rounds took me 10 minutes. The last 4 rounds took me 18 minutes, for a total of 28 minutes. This is not a fast time (Jason Khalipa scored right under 12 minutes). I'm assuming this is one of the fastest times in the world. Considering the last 4 rounds took me 18 minutes, this time was all HSPUs. I gassed out hard after the 6 rounds. Had to do them all as singles and had to take MINUTES of rest between reps, I was missing reps a lot. I did do a ton of overhead lifting and muscle-ups yesterday, so I wasn't 100%. I have to get good at HSPUS. Everything else in this WOD was done at 100% speed and unbroken. HSUPU are my only real weakness. I'm getting better, but I'm not nearly good enough, extremely frustrating. I want to get a gymnastics coach soon. I want to do this workout in under 15 minutes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment