Wednesday, November 30, 2011

11/30/11

Today was a little different. There was no lifting today, just some hardcore conditioning. I'm really taking this de-loading seriously and my body is starting to feel a lot better from my last lifting cycle. Anyway, today looked like this:

For time:

'Fran'
21-15-9
Thrusters 95#
Pull-ups

Time: 3.02. I really had no idea what my time would be. I can't remember what my former best was. But this was the first time I've done 'Fran' all out in a long time. I remember the last time I did it (probably about a 10-14 months ago) I did it in around 5 minutes and didn't get the 15 or 9 sets unbroken. Today was the first time I've completed the workout unbroken. I also don't do butterfly pull-ups and I think I could significantly increase my time once I master those. My new goal on this workout is sub 2:40. I know I can do this once I get butterfly pull-ups. I took very little rest between the unbroken sets, but I probably could have taken even a little less. Good effort on this, I'm happy about my performance.

Rest 10 minutes then...

3 Rounds for calories and time planking:

Calorie Row, 1 minute
Plank, 1 minute
Calorie Row, 1 minute
Plank, 1 minute
Calorie Row, 1 minute
Rest 1 minute

Total calories: 162
Total time planking: 6 minutes

This was a good conditioning workout. I was going to do a heavier WOD, but 'Fran' took a lot out of me. I can't remember the last time I got a forearm pump as intense as I had; it lasted about 20 minutes after the 3 minute workout. Overall a good day, excited for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment