Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11/1/11

Today was a great workout, one of the best I've had in a while. This was my last hard workout before Friday's competition. I'm glad my leg didn't hurt. I went 100% on everything and didn't really think about my leg aside from not dropping weight on it when coming off the rings or pull-up bar. Today had a solid strength session, a good skill AMRAP and an extremely taxing metcon in the morning. I got in another solid metcon in the afternoon, today looked like this:


AM Workout (0730)

Back Squat 1-10-1-20-1-30 - Heavy Single (#381) - PR by 7 lbs

70% x 10 - 265
95% x 1 - 364
60% x 20 - 228
90% x 1 - 338
50% x 30 - 190

This was brutal. The set of 20 was probably the worst. The set of 30 was also extremely difficult. This was great, I love squats, I'm glad I set a PR. 381 didn't feel too bad, I'm going to get 400 soon for sure.

Rest 10 minutes then...

8 Minute AMRAP:
6 Burpees
2 Muscle-ups

I got 8 rounds and 5 burpees. This was a fast workout, good technique/skill work. I probably could have gotten another round or two if I wasn't bearing all my weight on my right leg during the burpees.

Rest 2 minutes then....

Tabata:
Push-ups - 9
Pull-ups - 7
KB Swings (#53) - 6
Handstand Lockout (went for 20 seconds every time, these were extremely challenging on the shoulders and core).

The AMRAP with 2 minutes rest into the tabata was very challenging. Overall an awesome day in the gym. The squats were awesome. Excited that I felt good and I feel more confident about competing after today's workout.

PM workout (1730)

I felt pretty good despite the hard session this morning. I was definitely tight in my hamstrings/glutes. I ate a lot today in between the workouts, I felt decent enough to train again. The metcon was:

5 RFT:
500m Row
7 Thrusters #135

My time was 14:10. The top guys in the world did this workout in about 11-12 minutes. I was happy with my time considering this was the second workout of the day and I wasn't at all fresh. Solid 2nd session, tried to keep it intense. I got all the thrusters unbroken; rowed 1:35, 1:39, 1:45, 1:49, 1:56. I lost a lot of time transitioning and taking a little break before hopping on the barbell. I would be interested to do this workout again fresh. I'm excited for a short session tomorrow morning and to compete on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment