Sunday, March 11, 2012

3/11/12

Today sucked. The Open is a pretty emotional time for me. I feel like a failure.

I went at 12.3 again. I just wasn't feeling it. Both times I did this workout I felt completely gassed. Nothing else has kicked my ass so hard. I was behind a lot of guys I normally keep up with / beat often. I was confident going into this, but the push-press just rocked me. On a positive note I missed a lot less reps, but I still didn't perform at a level I wish I did. I for more rounds of push-press unbroken, didn't break them up til round 6. But I only improved by 2 reps. If I scored 330 the first time and 332 the second time, there really isn't anything more I can do. I went hard, as hard as I could and it just wasn't that good. It's funny because I thought of all 3 WODs so far in the 2012 Open this would be my best, but it ended up being my worst. I hope I'm still in the top 60 after this week. I'm also super stressed out abut stuff outside of crossfit (life getting in the way of crossfit, what's with that?). I could make a million excuses, but when it comes down to it I just need to keep training and keep my head up.

For lack of a more articulate response, I'm pissed off. But that's just part of crossfit. This exposed a weakness of mine. A weakness I didn't even know I had. New goal for the year: 12+ rounds on this workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment