Tuesday, March 20, 2012

3/20/12

My hip flexors are still outrageously sore. They have never been this sore. I spent a lot of time on them today in the warm-up. Those hollow position tabata sit-ups on Saturday fried me. I can't believe how much! I spent a good 30 minutes warming up and foam rolling. I felt great once everything got warmed up. I wanted to do some squatting today, but how my hips feel there was no way that was going to happen. Anyway, it looked like this:

5 Rounds for time:
10 Hang Power Cleans (135#)
20 KB Swings (72#)
30 Double-unders

-11.22. I got all the double-unders unbroken which I was happy about. I had to break up some of the HPC and Swings toward the end though. Those 2 pood swings fried my forearms. This was a burner on my arms, overall a solid workout though.

Rest 20 minutes then...

100m Row
1 HPSU
100m Row
2 HSPU
100m Row
3 HSPU
100m Row
4 HSPU
100m Row
5 HSPU

- I didn't time this, just went as hard as possible. The last set of HSPU was hard, these didn't feel great today. Overall a solid session that wasn't too taxing. I'm excited for my hips to no longer be painful to the touch and to hit up 12.5!

No comments:

Post a Comment