Monday, March 12, 2012

3/12/12

Still didn't feel 100% myself yet. I've been really brooding negatively over my performance in 12.3 a lot. I ate a couple cheat meals yesterday, lots of non-paleo carbs. I got a huge 'pump' today from the workout. Glycogen stores are definitely full. Kind of a fun feeling. I thought I'd get the metcon unbroken today, but it just didn't happen. Overall a good session though, dead-lifts felt great. I'm backing off on the volume and keeping it simple for the rest of the open. I was going to do some squatting, but knee was a little agitated. This pissed me off even more, it hasn't hurt in a couple weeks. Anyway, today looked like this:


Dead-lift 5 x 5 @ 80% (365#) @ 2 minutes rest

Rest 15 minutes then...

For time:

30-20-10
Pull-ups
Wall-balls
HR Push-ups
Double-unders
KB Swings (53#)

11.02. I wanted to get this unbroken, ended up having to break up some of the sets of 20 (pull-ups/hr push-ups. I just wasn't feeling it after yesterday. My shoulders and body in general are toast after going at 12.3 100% twice in one week. Really looking to buckle down and own 12.4 and 12.5 in order to qualify for regionals. Dropping to 60th place has really screwed with me mentally; if I had finished the round I was on, I would be sitting in 41st. I would be a lot happier and confident in 41st place. I can't believe how much of a failure I feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment