Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3/28/12

I was pretty toasted today, yesterday was a hard metcon. I took a little longer to warm-up today. I didn't feel particularly strong, but went as hard as possible.

EMOM for 10 minutes: 2 Kipping HSPU - regional standard

straight into...

EMOM for 10 minutes: 4 Kipping HSPU - 1 ab mat.

-This was a really good session, I usually don't kip my HSPUs, I need to get this down. But after forcing myself not to do strict, I started getting them a lot better. Going to bring a camera and look at my movement next session.

Thruster (from rack) - 3,3,3,3,3 - 155, 175, 184 (f) (only got 2), 184, 184

-I missed the last rep on the third set, I went back and got both sets of 3. I was happy about nailing these reps after missing a rep I thought I wouldn't. My shoulders are just smoked from yesterday and the HSPU work. I wanted to go heavier on these, but just wasn't there today.

Rest 15 minutes then...

For time:

30 KB Swings (70#)
30 Thrusters (115#)
30 Burpees (onto plate)
30 Overhead Plate lunges (55#)
30 Chest-to-bar Pull-ups

11.06. Nothing about this workout was easy. The thrusters were tough after the strength and skill session before this workout. The only sets I got unbroken were the KB Swings and burpees. I had to break up the thrusters way more than I thought I would, the lunges with the 55# plate are horrible. Overall a solid effort though.

Rest 5 minutes then...

2 Attempts at L-sit hold from Pull-up Bar @ 120 Seconds rest.

-Scored 40 seconds the first set, 30 seconds the second set. Brutal pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment