Thursday, March 29, 2012

3/29/12

Today was an awesome workout. I haven't had a session like this in a while. I had a great athlete to train with and he pushed me the whole time. Really solid work. I felt toasted after this session.

EMOM for 20 minutes:

Even Minutes: 5 x Back Squat (225#), 5 x Straight Legged Dead-lift (220#)

Odd Minutes: 3 Muscle-ups (double-dip at top)

-This was solid. I originally wanted to go a little heavier on the lifts, but it ended up being challenging enough at these weights. Probably could have gone another 20-30# heavier, but in that window I may have ended up missing some of the lifts toward the end. The double-dip muscle-ups were awesome; they really helped me force the kip and efficiency on the ring dip. I came away from these feeling really confident about my movement on linking kipping ring dips quickly and efficiently. By the end of the 20 minutes I was smashed. I was a little pissed how challenging 225# back squats felt. Just a few months ago I was throwing up 255# for sets of 20. It will come back quickly though.

Rest 15 minutes then...

10 Minute AMRAP:
3 Toe-to-bar
3 Push-up
6/6
9/9
12/12 etc...

Through the round of 21 + 7 push-ups. This was a great burner as well. I love toe-to-bar. The push-ups felt hard though. After all the shoulder stuff yesterday and the muscle-ups today they went out fast. Overall a solid effort, great training. This is what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment