Thursday, March 1, 2012

3/1/2012

I was considering hitting 12.2 today, but instead I chose not to. I think this workout will tax my body so much that I only want to hit it once. It wouldn't be worth doing twice in a 3 day period. I'm not fully recovered right now. I'm still sore from those back squats. Taking time off for that knee injury was rough. I'm sure after a few more weeks of regular squatting I won't have this much DOMS in the future. But for this week, I want to fully recover and go for a max effort 12.2 on Saturday. I was also on my feet for 13 hours straight yesterday. Between yesterday and my sore legs (it's deep inside the groin/adductors) I didn't want to be max effort squat snatching 165 for reps. Instead I got some activity in and I'm trying to taper off for a peak performance this weekend when our whole gym gets together and we have a competitive environment. So today was this...

'Helen'
3 RFT:
400m Run
21 KB Swings (53#)
12 Pull-ups

8.38. This wasn't a PR, I didn't go 100%, just went through everything at about 85% intensity. I worked on my butterfly pull-up before and after. I attempted a chest-to-bar butterfly, I realized today I can't do those. That's definitely another thing I need to work on.

It was fun to count my friend's reps for his first attempt at 12.2 and get some activity in. Excited for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment