Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3/27/12

I felt a little off today. Just from the drinking and other adversity in my life. But the worst is behind me and I'm ready to get back into the thick of training. Overall I felt solid today. I didn't feel particularly strong, but overall I was able to go hard. Zero knee pain with lots of squats, which is great.

Overhead Squat - 5 x 5 @ 176# - stayed on the lighter side, but everything felt good. I had some shaky reps coming out of the hole, but didn't miss any. I haven't done this since before the Open. I'm definitely excited to do some heavier work with these soon.

EMOM for 5 minutes - 5 Back Squats @ 220#. Went super light on these because the knee/5 weeks of the Open and went for speed, felt great. Excited to get 400# on my back again soon.

Rest 20 minutes then...

6 Rounds for time:
30 Double-unders
7 Power Cleans (155#)
5 Front Squats (155#)
3 Push-Jerk (155#)

12.19. Solid effort. I got the first 3 rounds unbroken in about 4 minutes. Was a bit of a slog after that. A really good metcon. This is what it's all about, solid hard work. I'm keeping it really simple this week and then next week I'm going to start ramping things ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment