Sunday, October 7, 2012

10/6/12

Today was awesome. It was the first competition I've done since moving to Chicago. I'm definitely getting back in shape after my stint of partying this summer. It feels awesome. I loved competing this weekend. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. I love setting goals for each individual workout and trying to tackle them; even if I'm not competing against other athletes I still get the opportunity to compete against myself. This weekend was unlike regionals in that I was actually competing with the men around me. I was battling to make it to the finals and I did. I loved every second of this weekend. There are a lot of highs and lows in any crossfit competition, but it's this sport is the most fulfilling thing I've ever done.

10:00 AM
Event 1:
AMRAP 8 Minutes:
5 Thrusters (135#)
10 Over-the-Box Jumps 24"

I don't remember my rounds, but I got 17th place. I wanted to place higher on this WOD, but my over-the-box jumps went out fast. I've never done this movement before and I definitely felt these in my legs.  Thrusters were all fast and unbroken.

1:30 PM
Event 2:
4 RFT:
5 Wall-Walks
200m Sand Bag Run (45#)

This was my lowest placing overall this weekend, I took 25th. My running just wasn't that fast and my wall-walks are not great. Hand stand work always holds me back. It's getting better, but it's definitely not where it needs to be. I'm going to incorporate these into my training more often.

5:30 PM
Event 3 and 4:
5 Minute AMRAP:
7 Dead-lifts (275#)
30 Double-unders

Rest 1 minute...

2 Minute AMRAP:
Ground-to-Overhead (75#)

Event 3 saved me. I got 6th overall in this WOD and it jumped me up the leader board quite a bit. I got 6 rounds + 17 DU's. I missed about 10 DUs in the WOD, all 49 dead-lifts unbroken and fast. Solid stuff.

I placed 13th in event 4. After event 3 event 4 was terribly difficult. I'm pretty happy with my performance. There might have been a few more reps there, but I got 36 at the time. When I practiced this fresh I got 28 reps in 60 seconds, but after event 3 75# felt like 135#.

At the end of the day I was in 12th place of 52. Top 12 get make it to the finals after 1 more WOD tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment