Friday, October 12, 2012

10/12/12

Today was an amazingly productive day of training. I got to train with another good athlete we trained together for both workouts today. I want to get in two-a-days on Fridays throughout this next year of training.

Workout 1 (1300)

6 x 200m on a track. All of the intervals in the 32ish range. I don't remember my times, but the person I was training with said my splits were all consistent, which is good. I felt light on my feet and strong on these sprints. I haven't done a dedicated track workout in a long time. It felt great to run fast.

Workout 2 (1700) 

I was a little taxed from the sprints, but once I got warm I felt decent. The squats sucked; I've done a lot of squatting/cleaning this week and plus the running today I just wasn't feeling them. But I got them done.

Bench Press + Toes-to-bar - 15 sets total

5 Sets:
5 x (135#) + 5 T2B
5 x (155#) + 5 T2B
5 x (175#) + 5 T2B

75 Reps on the bench, 75 T2B total. Rest was partner's set. Solid training. I missed the 75th damn rep of bench! The weight was light, but the rest intervals were short and the intensity high. Great stuff.

Rest 10 minutes then...

EMOM 10 Minutes:
3 Front Squats (225#) - Solid work. My legs were smoked after this week.

Rest 20 minutes then...

For time:
1000m Row
50 GHD Sit-ups
30 C2B Pull-ups

8.36. Solid work. I think I came off the rower in 3:20. I'm not sure if this is a PR, it might be. The GHD's became a slog after about rep 30. I haven't done C2B pull-ups in a while, they felt tougher than I remember. Overall a great day of training. I'm ready to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment