Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10/23/12

I was decently sore today, but once I got warmed up I ended up having an amazing workout. I'm starting to feel really/strong fit again. I love that feeling. Somewhere this summer between all the burnout from regionals (basically from coaching myself through it)/beer/being single for the first time in years/traveling and just in general having as much fun as possible before law school started, I really lost for a while just how much I love this sport. I love the training grind. I love the opportunity to just go for it. I love to throw a few more pounds on the bar and really find where those limits are. I pushed it hard today and I left the gym in a daze. Such a great session. This is what it is all about.

On a 10 minute clock:
Establish a 1 RM Power Clean

225# x 2, 245# x 1, failed 275# once and then nailed 275# (10# PR). I received the bar pretty much entirely standing up and felt really strong. I don't know exactly what happened on the previous rep. I just screwed it up. I wanted to go for another attempt, but due to time constraints called it there; I'll PR this again soon!

After the above attempt, on the same clock, straight into...

EMOM 10 Minutes - Power Clean - 1 Rep at 90% of above 1 RM
-250# - Hit all reps easy, felt light. I love cleans.

Pendlay Row 5x5 - 135,185,205# x 3 sets
-I've never done these before. Definitely more there, will go heavier next time.

Good Morning 3 x 5 - All sets at 135#

Rest 10 minutes then...

3 RFT:
500m Row
75 Double-unders

-10.14. This took a lot longer than I thought. I rowed fast, probably a little too fast as I missed a lot of double-unders on the 2nd and 3rd sets. I'd like to try this workout again and row slower and save more for the DUs. Overall really solid conditioning though.

Rest 20 minutes then...

4 RFT:
7 Dead-lifts (345#)
5 Muscle-up
7 HSPU

13.02. This was a brutal WOD. I had to break things up quite a bit. I got the first three rounds of DLs unbroken, but went 3/2/2 on the last set. Muscle-ups straight into HSPUs were rough, but great training though. I left the gym today just smoked. Great session.

No comments:

Post a Comment