Wednesday, October 17, 2012

10/17/12

I had a really solid session this morning.

EMOM for 20 minutes:
4 Dead-Hang Pull-ups (15# Vest) - Switch overhand/underhand grip each minute

-Solid volume training, felt strong.

Rest 10 minutes then...

2011 Regional Dead-lift/Box Jump WOD
For Time:
21-15-9
Dead-lift (315#)
Box Jump (30")

6.03. This was a big PR for me. I did this ten months ago and it took 7.42. I wanted to be sub 5 on this, but it just didn't happen. I think it's a box jump issue. 30 inch box jumps just rock me. I got the first set of dead-lifts unbroken and then the other sets were 5/5/5 and 5/4 with very short rest. I was happy that I got 21 reps of 315 unbroken; last time I got 15 unbroken and then gassed hard. I literally remember doing singles on this WOD last time. Overall a solid effort. I was stoked to PR, I'll hit this again in another 10 months and hopefully shave off another 1:40 off my time.

Rest 20 minutes then...

'Mini Nate'
5 RFT:
2 Muscle-ups
4 HSPU
8 KB Swings (2 pood)

-This went really fast, just over 5 minutes, everything unbroken. My HSPU are starting to feel REALLY good. I'm extremely happy about this. Today was a very solid day of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment