Sunday, October 7, 2012

10/7/12

0930 
Event 5 
For time:
15 Overhead Squats (115#)
15 Over-the-bar Burpees
1000m Row
15 Overhead Squats (135#)
15 Over-the-bar Burpees

6.57. Solid pace, I kept everything unbroken. My row was a little slow, about a 1:50. But overall I got 14th in the event, enough to keep my 12th place and make the final cut! 

1:30 PM
Event 6 (cuts were made, only top 12 of 52) 
For time:
8 Turkish Get-ups
10 Power Cleans (185#)
12 Back Squats (225#)
2/4/8 Muscle-ups - 150m Shuttle Run after each Set 

7.02. My get-ups were a lot slower than a lot of peoples. I just don't do these often and if I do it's not for speed. This is a dangerous movement to perform at intensity, I wouldn't program this into a WOD. Anyway, everything else went pretty well. I hadn't done muscle-ups in a while because of my elbow injury; they ended up feeling great. I got the first set unbroken, 3/1 and then 2/2/2/1/1. My run was slow as hell. But I beat at least 3 people, maybe 4. I'm not sure, the final standings are not posted.

At worst I got 12th overall, but I think I went up a few spaces. I will post results when I have access to them. This weekend was great. I got to throw down on some legit WODs (especially the last one) with some really legit athletes; previous Games and top regional athletes. Where I ended up, right in the top 10, is where I need to be. I made the final cut and maybe top 10 this weekend. This is where I want to be at regionals this year. 

I'm so glad I did this competition. It was exactly what I needed. I want to do every competition I can this year, it's what I love to do most in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment