Thursday, October 4, 2012

10/4/12

Today was an active rest day. The events for my competition this weekend were announced last night so I had some skills/stuff to play around with today. I got in some movement and practiced a few things I wanted to. I'm pumped for this weekend. I really forgot in the blur of this summer/moving across the country/starting law school just how much I love competing in Crossfit. It's the best sport in the world for me; there's always something to work on and always something to keep me humble. That's what it's all about. I'm excited to go out there this weekend and just go as hard as I can and be my best.

-I did a long warm-up and lots of mobility - the same stuff I do everyday before working out. Then I practiced wall-walks. That movement is in a WOD this weekend and I never train them. I probably should, they would probably help my HSPUs. Anyway, they felt pretty good and fast.

-I also practiced a 1 minute AMRAP of 75# power snatches, I got 28 reps unbroken. We'll see how the 2 minute AMRAP of this goes on Saturday.

-I also got in 10 sets of 5 dead-hang pull-ups @ 60 seconds rest.

-2000m Row @ super easy pace (2:00 / 500m)

-Easy active recovery day in the gym; stoked to compete this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment