Monday, May 9, 2011

5/6/2011 - 5/8/2011

PFT day. I felt recovered in my upper body, legs still a little sore. My PFT ended up looking like this:

20 Pull-ups (100)
100 Crunches (100)
20:02 (88)

Final score of 288. My last PFT in June 2010 was 289 (18/100/18:06 run). Obviously my running has suffered extremely. Even though I ran a lot slower, I was actually more pleased with this PFT than any previous PFT I've taken. I banged out the 20 pull-ups with ease and could have kept going; something I've never done. I can't believe how slow I ran, I've never run a 3 mile this slow. Even when I wasn't recovered and just ran on my own 2 weeks ago I ran a 19:30. I just felt like shit in my legs. It doesn't really matter, 288 is a competitive score. Closer to OCS I'll ramp up my running to where it should be.

My coach now just doesn't like to run and doesn't like his athletes to be endurance athletes. This is something I'm definitely a little distraught about. As a military athlete I need to have endurance. There is no reason I can't be strong and a decent endurance athlete. It is of no worry now. For the time being I'm going to focus back on being in a 'training' mode. Now that all my competitions are over (crossfit open, PFT, Robie Creek) I don't have to worry about tapering to perform. I love training and I have a ton of room to improve. I'm ready to get stronger. I'm glad these competitions are over. It's been taxing on me mentally. Not to complain or sound like a bitch, but I'm not as mentally focused as I was this past year. I have no training partner and goals reaching in multiple directions of fitness that are a burden on my mental focus. For now I just need to focus on intensity during the workouts my coach provides and keep my diet and rest where they need to be.

5/6 - 5/8 - High Carb / cheat meals. I actually caught a terrible sickness of some sort (headache, extreme congestion, fever, body aches, trouble sleeping) on Friday afternoon, something that rarely happens. I missed a 5k race I really wanted to do and was registered for, which really pissed me off. During this time I didn't eat as much due to the sickness and kind of just ate whatever sounded good. I did sleep 13 hours one night, and 12 the next, taking naps both Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment