Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5/10/2011

I'm still sick, congested and my head feels very 'full.' Definitely not a good feeling, but I felt better than I did yesterday. Today looked like this:

Baseline/warm-up:

5 Rounds not for time:
7 Dead-hang pull-ups
7 Hand Release Push-ups
7 Squats

Then:

4 x 5 of .65 of .9 of 1 rep max Bench (.9) x (235 lb) x (.65) = (211) x (.65) = 135 lb*

*this is obviously extremely light, just going through the motion, essentially part of the warm-up

The real workout:

Not for time:
10,9,8,7...1

Incline Dumbbell Press (started with 70s, took it down to 60s at round 5)
Ring Dips (muscle-up to the rings)
Toes to Rings

Then 5 sets of:
20 Parallet Dips
40 Bicycle Crunches

Ideally you would do 10 muscle-ups in this workout, but I did almost 20 because the first half of the workout the I had to break up the ring dips. This workout was awesome. It was exactly what I needed. I love doing muscle-ups in the red zone. This made me really work for each rep and fried my chest, shoulders and triceps. I haven't got a pump like this in a while. It felt good.

My diet has been all over the place. I've been working out with good intensity, but my discipline regarding my diet is not where it was in the past. Being sick is definitely not helping. Not to mention all the other stuff going on in my life outside of working out. Excuses right? Well my diet is still better than 99% of Americans, but I get down on myself when I'm not disciplined. A contributing factor to this is that I need to go shopping. I'm out of whey and some other staples of mine. Anyway I'm excited to workout with a partner for once. Starting on Thursday I'm working out with a solid athlete. This should really help where I'm at mentally. With this strength training program I really need a partner. I'm going to up my calories and carbs consistently over the week. I'm going to take the cycling back drastically. This is what I was doing November to February of this last year and I made a ton of progress.

Meal 1 (pre-workout) - Burger, 1 Slice WW Bread (430 Cal, 22g F, 24g C, 46g P)

Meal 2 (post-workout) - Burger, 2 Slices WW Bread, 1 cup FF Milk, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter (735 Cal, 34g F, 64g C, 64g P)

Meal 3 - Burger, 2 cups Broccoli (400 Cal, 18g F, 18g C, 48g P)

Meal 4 - 3 Eggs, 1 cup FF Milk, 1 tbsp Almond Butter, 1 Banana (465 Cal, 20g F, 42g C, 32g P)

Daily Total: 2030 Cal, 94g F, 148g C, 190g P

No comments:

Post a Comment