Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5/31/2011

Well I'm almost all settled into my new place after moving. Working out these last two weeks has been difficult because I've been in transition. Moving is a pain, but I've got myself established and I did my first WOD at a new crossfit gym. The gym doesn't put strength moves on the main board. Basically strength is on your own, done before or after the WOD. They do metcons everyday with a RxD workout and a 'Fire-breather' modification. The RxD workout today was:

'King'
5 Rounds for time:
110 lb Clean & Jerk
10 Knees to Elbows
15 KB Swing (53 lb)
20 Double-unders

The 'Fire-breather' mod was 165 lb clean and jerk. Doing this workout without a heavy weight would simply be movement. So obviously I did the 'FB' / heavier version of the WOD. The weight went up easy until the 5th round. This workout took me 17:15. I plan on always doing the 'FB' version of the workout.

I need to program my own strength to do before WODs. This is difficult not knowing what WOD I'm going to be doing until the night before when the gym posts it online. But at this point getting stronger and improving skills (specifically muscle-ups, HSPU, O-Lifts, and the butterfly pull-up) are my main goals. I'm really not concerned with improving my metabolic conditioning; its at a point where it's solid.

I'm a little nervous about the direction of my training, but overall optimistic. This new box is a solid gym. It's not known for the strength of its athletes though and getting stronger is my main goal.

Right now I'm going to do 3 on 1 off / 2 on 1 off. With 3 strength sessions a week before WODs and maybe some two-a-days eventually if I have time. My diet will be back online soon. I haven't had the time to log everything while moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment