Friday, June 24, 2011

6/24/2011

Today was awesome. No lifting, just a legit WOD. I was supposed to do SN and CJ at 80% for some singles, but I cut it out due to the WOD. I wanted to go 100% on the WOD today because it was one of the regional WODs.

For time:

'Hundreds'
100 Pull-ups
100 KB Swings #53
100 Double-unders
100 Overhead Squats #95

My time was 28.48. My goal was under to be under 30 minutes. The OH Squats were by far the most challenging part. The KB swings were surprisingly challenging. Coming right off the pull-ups my grip strength was really lacking. I also tore my left hand around pull-up 60 which made everything else in the WOD that much more painful. I tried not to think about it. I was behind a couple of other guys I was doing the WOD with until the OH squats. They were painful, but I caught up and ended up beating them both. They were faster on the pull-ups and double-unders, but my OH squats went by fairly quickly. The most DUs I got unbroken was only 30. This was a little frustrating. There's always something to work on with crossfit.

In all honesty this was one of the best workouts I've done in a long time. I'm going to use this WOD as a new benchmark for my fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment