Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6/7/2011

I was a little nervous about getting back in the gym. I didn't feel great. I drank very heavily this weekend and was righteously hungover yesterday. Despite this, once I got in the gym and got warm I felt much better. I didn't get to do as much lifting prior to the WOD as I wanted to, but overall today was a great session.

Work up to a heavy triple on back squat:
135 x 10, 225 x 8, 275 x 5

Triples:
295, 315, 325

Metcon, 20 minute AMRAP:

135 lb Hang Power Clean x 5
135 lb Push Jerk x 5
10 Pull-ups

I got 10 rounds exactly. I did the last 10 pull-ups in about 20 seconds. Definitely was a sprint toward the end. Overall a great session. I got a huge fore-arm pump. It felt great to be back in the gym hitting it hard after the weekend. I'm glad I got some heavy squats in as well. Feeling regretful after binge drinking is never a good thing. I'm not going to drink again for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment