Wednesday, June 1, 2011

6/1/2011

I'm still debating what strength program to follow. It's a little difficult training on my own/no partner/guidance etc. I simply did heavy dead-lifts today as I haven't done them in a while. I'll start my new training cycle on Monday. Today looked like this:

Work up to a triple on deadlift:

135 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 8, 315 x 5

Triples: 365, 375.

Metcon:

'Go Lateral'

1000m Row
Then...
6 rounds for time:

12 Walls Balls
12 Lateral Bar Burpees
12 Sumo Dead-lift High Pull (95 lb)

Overall a good day. I was pleased with pulling 375 for triple. I probably could have gone a little heavier, but 375 for a triple was a PR. The metcon was good. It took me a little over 17 minutes. The dead lifting was done totally on my own, then I jumped into a class starting the next hour. It's kind of a hard way to train considering how busy the gym can be.

It's still a little challenging for me to transition gym/training styles. I'm just looking at this as an opportunity to try new things and to learn new ways of training/technical skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment