Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6/8/2011

I was really sore today. My lats, traps, biceps and quads were all sore. Today was a conditioning WOD, but it turned out being more of a skills day. It looked like this:

1000m Row

Then 4 rounds of:

12 Squat-Snatches @ 75 lb
24 Box Jumps 30"
36 Double-unders

My time was a little over 26 minutes. This is not a fast time. I killed the 1000m row. I was at a 1:35 /500m pace for the first 500 and then a 1:39-140 for the last 500m. The squat-snatches were not easy, but it was good technical work. What was really frustrating was the double-unders. I don't know if its the rope I was using or what, but it was like I forgot how to do them. This was extremely upsetting, I like being first and I refuse to do a WOD not RxD. So I just slogged through the double-unders. I started getting more consecutively toward the end, eventually getting 15 straight through on my last set. I was never great at double-unders, but I used to be a hell of a lot better at them. I need to practice them for sure, but as always I'm more concerned about getting stronger than how well I can spin a jump rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment