Friday, May 18, 2012

5/18/12

AM Workout (0900)

I felt decent today, the rest yesterday was much needed. My metcon felt great, but my left shoulder was bugging me (from the benching on Tuesday), made the one-arm dumbbell snatch really slow. My right arm/shoulder felt really strong and I blew through the reps. I missed at least three reps on my left arm (didn't miss any last time). It was hot out and I didn't have chalk, that 100# dumbbell was really slipping in my hand. Overall a solid effort though.

2012 Regional Event 3

4 Rounds for time:
10 x Dumbbell Snatch (100#) (regional standard)
200 Foot Sprint

10:27. A minute slower than last time. Like I mentioned, the lack of chalk / heat / sweat/ sore shoulders made for a difficult time. I'm really looking to be under the cutoff at regionals, I was last week. My left arm just wasn't having this today.

Rest 10 minutes then...

5 Rounds On a 2 minute clock:
250m Row
-Remaining time AMR Burpees
-Rest 2 minutes

23,20,20,19,19 Burpees. Hard effort. I felt really good. This is the best aerobically/metcon I've felt in a while. The sheer pain of the last 5 burpees of each set of this reminded me why I love crossfit so much. It never gets easy and it's straight pain. I was unhappy with my slow time on Event 3, but overall a solid session.

PM Workout (1745)

 I had a great afternoon session. Felt really good on the strength. The metcon got to me, it was a chipper, had to break it up more than I thought I would. I definitely need to do more chipper-style WODs this next year, I could feel this workout, a lot. Anyway, it looked like this:

Behind the Neck Jerk - Heavy Singles - 176, 196, 220, 240, 260# (PR - by 10 lbs)

Rest 10 minutes then...

For time:

25 HSPU (this took me about 3 minutes total, my HSPUs went out hard today)
50 Toes-to-bar
Run 800m
75 Push-Press (75#)
150 Double-unders

17.37. Everything took me longer than I thought, except the run. I felt fast and light on my feet. Had to break up the push-press and double-unders a lot more than I thought I would have to.  Overall a great effort. Happy about the PR on the lifting. It went up super easy, could have gone up a bit more, but I'll save it to PR again soon. Good day, excited for Regionals in 7 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment