Monday, May 7, 2012

5/7/12

Came back after three days and felt awesome. When I stepped in the gym I was ready to rip it up. I got an awesome workout off of Nate Schrader's blog. He's one of my favorite athletes and just took second at the Mid-Atlantic regional (only behind Ben Smith, someone who I literally consider a super hero). Anyway, those athletes really gave me some inspiration this weekend. Today looked like this:

AMRAP 12 Minutes:
4 Muscle-ups
10 Front Squats (95#)
20 Double-unders

Rest 7 Minutes

AMRAP 10 Minutes:
 8 Pull-ups
8 Overhead Squats (95#)
200m Run

Rest 5 minutes:

AMRAP 8 Minutes:
5 Shoulder-to-Overhead (135#)
5 Kipping HSPU
5 Bar-facing Burpees

-7 Rounds + 12 Double-unders
-5 Rounds + 8 Overhead-Squats
-3 Rounds + 2 HSPU

-The last AMRAP was brutal. Those kipping HSPU were rough. Overall an awesome session though. It was great to train without thinking about regionals and just go as hard as possible. I love crossfit and today was the most fun I've had working out in a while. 


No comments:

Post a Comment