Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5/30/12

Today was the first day of my 2013 season. I had a great workout. This was the most fun I've had in a while. I was just doing a workout to workout and have fun and push hard. It was awesome! Although I'm not going to games this year, I got this workout off of Spencer Hendel's blog (a games qualified athlete). He qualified this weekend and took two days off and hit this workout today. I figured I'd follow his stuff considering I went to regionals this weekend too. It ended up being a great session.

Close Grip Bench Press - 5 x 5 @ 175#
-Each set super-set with 10 Dead-hang Pull-ups

Rest 10 minutes then...

5 Rounds for time:
50 Double-unders
25 Push-Press (75#)

7.23. I felt awesome on this WOD, I missed two double-unders, the push-press went pretty fast. I only got the first two sets unbroken though.

Rest 10 minutes then...

EMOM for 20 minutes:

-Even minutes: 3 Power Clean and Push-Jerk @ 190#
-Odd minutes: 10 Toes-to-bar

This EMOM ended up being really hard. The last 4 minutes I had only a few seconds left before transitioning to the next movement. Overall an awesome day. I felt great. Excited about this next year of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment