Monday, May 21, 2012

5/21/12

Today was a solid session, no heavy lifting, but definitely got my metcon going. Looked like this:

6,4,2,2,2 - Strict HSPU + Rest 30 seconds then max reps Kipping HSPU - 6,4,4,4,3

Rest 10 minutes then...

'Amanda'
9-7-5
Muscle-ups
Squat Snatch (135#)

-I came in just over 7 minutes. My muscle-ups felt pretty weak today, between Saturday and all the HSPUs before this my shoulders gave out fast. On a positive note, I linked 135# squat snatches very well and 135# felt extremely light. If totally fresh I could probably go faster. My time was about a minute slower than my PR, but I think that on that PR the muscle-ups weren't as legit (no turn-out), because the rings were low to the ground. Anyway, I'm happy with my effort and love this workout, I wish it was at regionals this year!

Rest 10 minutes then...

EMOM for 10 minutes:

20 Double-unders
5 Pull-ups
10 HR Push-ups

Rest 1 minute...

For time:
50 Pistols

-2.35. Pistols felt good, just kept a solid pace and went through them. Excited for event 2 on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment