Sunday, May 27, 2012

5/27/12

Event 5 was awesome. I love snatching. At the end of the Open in 2011 my max snatch was 135# and my max overhead squat was 155#. To be out here snatching 195# and barely missing 205# in a regional competition a year later is mind boggling to me. I didn't miss any double-unders, just stayed calm and got the work done. My back was extremely tight and sore, it was difficult to get into a full depth overhead squat considering how sore/tight/generally exhausted I was. I power snatched every rep, just above parallel because I couldn't get to full depth. I'm really happy with 195#,  I was missing it a few times last week when I was giving it a go in the gym. I couldn't have done much more, 205# would have been a PR. I thought I had it, but it got away from me on the way up.

2012 Regionals was an amazing experience. I can't believe how nervous I was. The highs and lows of regionals was a bit of a roller coaster, but I love it all. I learned a lot and I'm ready for this next year of training. The quality of people in the crossfit community is unreal. This next year I will be using these workout as standards of my fitness. I'm a good athlete, I've come a long way. I've got a hell of a long way to go though and I'm stoked to take every step of this journey. I'm also excited to rest and relax for a few days and get back in the gym soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment