Monday, April 8, 2013

4/8/13

After last week's de-loading I'm starting to feel better. Today was the best I've felt in two weeks. Was great to train and enjoy myself in the gym.

Muscle-Snatch - Heavy Singles
-Worked up to 155#

Power Snatch - Every 2 Minutes for 10 minutes:
2 Reps @ 185#
-These felt SUPER solid, best my snatch has felt in weeks.

C and J - Build up to a tough single - worked up to 255#, missed 265# twice. I was really pleased my elbow didn't hurt. I will PR this lift soon.

Rest 10 minutes then...

'Man Test'
For time:
5-4-3-2-1
Squat Snatch (135#)
Deficit HSPU (2 45# bumper plates on each side)
5-4-3-2-1
Clean and Jerk (225#)
Pistols
5-4-3-2-1
Dead-lift (315#)
Muscle-ups

25.32. The deficit HSPU took me about half the total time of this workout. I just got deficit HSPUs about a month ago. I was happy to do just do these and to fly through the heavy clean and jerks and dead-lifts at a quicker pace. Muscle-ups felt great too. Very fun day in the gym, it was great to enjoy training and just relax and have a good time. Competing on my gym's team this year will be very fun.

Meal 1 - Protein Shake, 10 Almonds

Meal 2 - 4 Slices Bacon, 3/4 Cup Blueberries, 2 TBSP Peanut Butter

Meal 3 (Cheat meal) - Burger/egg/bacon/cheese and a Peanut Butter Milkshake

Meal 4 (PWO) - Protein Shake, Paleo Protein Bar

Meal 5 - 8 oz Steak, 4 Slices Bacon, 3/4 Cup Brown Rice, 1/2 Cup Veggies, 3/4 Cup Blue Berries, 2 TBSP Peanut Butter

Meal 6 - 6 oz Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment