Saturday, March 22, 2014

3/22/14

I kind of bastardized the workout today. I cut out a bunch of shoulder-to-overhead / HPSU / split jerk volume that was programmed. I want my shoulders to be fresh for my second attempt at 14.4 on Monday.

I was a little confused as to why I weighed in at 203# this week. +2# from last week. Didn't change much at all from last week where I was -3#. I did eat a lot on Tuesday and Wednesday because I didn't feel recovered, but nothing crazy. Not really sure what's up. I rarely weigh myself, maybe this is just normal deviation. But I'm going to stay consistent with this, I'm in it for the long run.

A.
Three sets not for time of:
4 Strict HSPU + 4 Kipping HPSU
L-Sit x 20 seconds

-Complete, was supposed to be sets to failure, but kept the volume really light.

B.
Split Jerk x 1 rep
*Set 1 – 55% (155#)
*Set 2 – 65% (185#)
*Set 3 – 75% (205#)
*Set 4 – 80% (225#)
*Set 5-8 – 81% (230#)
Rest as needed

-Complete, everything felt easy and fast. There was supposed to be some singles at 90%, but I cut them out. There was a S2O metcon that I cut out altogether.

C.
Four sets for times of:
Run 330 meters
20 Burpees to 6″ Target
Rest 3 minutes

-2:14, 2:27, 2:24, 2:19
-Running felt really good. So did the burpees. Great conditioning, felt light on my feet. Not too taxing. Pumped to get after it Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment